If you know someone who is retiring soon then you may have decided to design them a retirement card. A beautifully designed card for your friend or family members retirement will be received with such warmth and gratitude. But knowing what to write in the card is sometimes tough. Getting the wording of the retirement messages can be difficult if you aren’t a confident writer or are unsure of the correct protocol of what to say.
If you have found yourself not knowing what to say in your card then use some of the retirement card messages below as a guide for some ideas. Or copy them as they are and feel safe in the knowledge that you will have a retirement message that is fitting and appropriate.
- Congratulations on your retirement. We wish you tons of happiness in the years ahead.
- Retirement is like turning eighteen – you can’t figure out whether you’re young or old. Congratulations.
- Best wishes on your next adventure.
- Congratulations, now the fun begins. Best wishes on your new chapter in life.
- Now that you are retiring, how will you catch up on the office gossip? I suppose we could email you updates once a week! Congratulations on your achievement!
- Retirement isn’t all it is cracked up to be. It isn’t for us, anyway. Enjoy your well-deserved freedom and know you will be missed.
- Start listening to your heart… it’s the best gift you can give yourself when you retire. Congratulations
- Retirement opens the door to new opportunity. I can’t come with you in your new endeavours, but my highest hopes for your future can. Happy retirement.
- You are the kind of people that brings the best in others! Thank you for everything you did. Wishing you a life full of success and happiness!
- Having someone like you as a coworker has been no less than a gift. Wishing you a wonderful retired life ahead!! You will be missed, but never forgotten.
- Retirement will be a difficult time for you: no getting up with an alarm, no boring staff meetings, no watching the clock tick down those last, long minutes before quitting time. However will you manage?
- As you retire, remember that you have left behind a legacy of encouragement, achievement and work ethic that will always be part of your coworkers. Congratulations.
- You will finally have time to ferret out that special fishing spot or to sleep through an afternoon game on TV. It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Congratulations on your retirement.